The SE in this position will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of new technologies and capabilities for our customer. The ideal candidate will participate in requirements and design reviews, system problem reporting and root cause analysis and resolution. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and software and hardware engineers to effect implementation of system requirements. The SE reports to the Chief Engineering, Program Manager and Technical Director.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Network/Computer System Administration
- Perform studies, trades, and analysis as required to support system evolution
- Document systems design, systems analysis, system interface design, and systems integration
- Interact with government customers regarding new capability implementation and integration into an existing network infrastructure
- Interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel
- Evaluate viability of vendor and government-provided HW/SW as part of technology/product trade studies, as well as review of provided processes and procedures
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to act in a mentor role and be an advocate for positive change
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results
- UAV/Aircraft Integration and Testing
- Virtual Machine (VMWare) Implementation
- Network Architecture Design/Development
- Knowledge of communications theory (standard interfaces and protocols, networking, SATCOM, data links, cellular, etc…
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts, and techniques
Level 3 – Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science (engineering degree preferred); 5 Years with Masters; 7 Years with PhD; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
A competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package designed to attract the highest caliber talent will be available for this position.
This position is located in Irvine, CA.
This position requires US Citizenship.
Please send your cover letter, résumé, pictures of relevant experience, and all other supporting material to: email@example.com