Location Fairfax, VA
Security Clearance Required US Citizen or Permanent Resident Required
DZYNE Analytic Systems is looking for a highly-motivated, self-starter to develop advanced autonomous aircraft software solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work across a variety of technical areas. Typical projects will involve diverse technologies and skill sets. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about the latest development in deep learning frameworks for scene understanding as well as object and action identification. In addition, the candidate should be experienced in conventional Computer Vision techniques related to 3D reconstruction and geospatial frameworks.
The ideal candidate also possesses an impressive background in related fields, including real-time robotic and autopilot systems plus, can demonstrate both the breadth and the depth of knowledge that is required to solve challenging problems in real-world scenarios. Motivated and creative problem solvers will have opportunities to influence future projects and guide research directions.
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Develop and prototype autonomous flight solutions.
- Engage in research, evaluation, and the application of new technologies to solve challenging project goals.
- Take part in the entire project lifecycle from requirements development to deployment.
- Thrive in an Agile development environment, including quick development cycles and evolving requirements in a collaborative team environment.
- Interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel.
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to act in a mentor role and be an advocate for positive change.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and follow standard software development processes and clearly document results.
- Solid background in real-time systems, serial programming, ZeroMQ/inter-process communication, and multi-threading.
- C/C++ development and software design skills.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems, Visual Studio and Cmake environments.
- Experience with Boost software libraries, Qt signals, autopilot capabilities, and aircraft dynamics is desirable.
- Familiarity with distributed systems development, concurrent processing, and cloud architectures.
- BS or MS with a focus on real-time development in the context of robotics or autonomous flight.
- 5+ years work experience in a relevant field.