Location Irvine, CA
Security Clearance No Security Clearance Required (Desired); US Citizen Required
The Project Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule, technical and client relationship/growth objectives. The Project Manager alongside the Chief Program Engineer plans and organizes all engineering functions specific to the project, coordinates client interaction between the project team and client, provides guidance on recommended manpower and technical resource loading.
The successful candidate MUST have a strong Design discipline background along with experience running engineering/design projects in the Aerospace and Defense industry. Specific demonstrated experience in leading successful rapid design/development is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project execution plans, schedules, and budgets while participating in all phases of project work from conceptual design to post-construction field checkout
- Primary focus is on customer satisfaction, scope growth and program expansion into new customer bases
- Manage supplier change orders and material costs
- Direct engineering activities
- Interface with clients and relevant staff
- Prepare the Master Phasing Schedules, Program Execution Schedule, Staffing Plan, Work Breakdown Structure and Financial Execution Plan
- Ensure staffing and hiring plans are managed to ensure project and company success
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (required)
- Must have Aerospace or Defense Contractor industry experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience as a Project Manager overseeing project execution - in the design/development program lifecycle phase - while ensuring that projects meet client quality, schedule, technical and budget objectives.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and talent/experience leading people and cultivating a healthy customer relationship
- Experience managing a range of engineering design projects is required.
- Experience in expanding programs beyond initial phase and customer
- Ability to create a winning proposal
- Proven ability, capacity, and aptitude with planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating technical work, and obtaining cooperation from others (must be able to build rapport with project staff)
- High level of scheduling skills
- Experience transitioning from LRIP to rate production is a plus
- Skilled in the use of IT tools, including spreadsheets, word processing, planning, and scheduling software.
- Understanding of Critical Chain Project Management, Earned Value and other project controls methods as they pertain to the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Experience across the product lifecycle