Location: Irvine, CA
Security Clearance Required: Must be able to obtain clearance
The manufacturing Engineer (ME) in this position will be responsible for supporting development programs in the maturation of proof-of-concept manufacturability and production, quality assurance and timely delivery of products. In these roles, the development, modification, coordination, and maintenance of both manufacturing processes and quality assurance processes as laid out by programs will be executed. The ME must be well versed in various manufacturing processes and techniques commonly used in both commercial and military aerospace products associated with electronics fabrication/assembly, wire harness fabrication, mechanical hardware all the way to complete systems assemblies. The MQE will strive to help mature product designs and work with design engineers and technicians to develop quality control means, inspection plans and process documents. The ME reports to the Operations Manager, and supports program Chief Engineering, Program Manager and Technical Director.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
Responsible for manufacturing process development, implementation, and continuous improvement to enhance Quality / Yield, reduce Cost, and improve Productivity / Schedule, with a fundamental objective of ensuring customer satisfaction.
Initiate and lead process improvement projects.
Document manufacturing processes and assembly work instructions in conjunction with engineering.
Ensure timely and efficient delivery with in-phase defect containment as appropriate.
Provide disposition of non-conforming parts, identify root cause, and implement corrective and/or preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.
Collaborate with design engineering during prototype, development and first article manufacturing. Ensure the inclusion of appropriate quality and manufacturing requirements.
Requires experience with drawings and BOMs; assembly instructions; engineering change systems; quality systems for non-conforming parts and corrective action.
Clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in written form to both technical and non-technical audiences, especially regarding manufacturing processes, engineering issues and proposed changes, and quality issues and dispositions.
Coordinate activities associated with "first article build" of new products, ensuring that fabricated items are traceable to documented standards at the time of release of product into the production mode.
Develop inspection methods/procedures to support product validation efforts.
Maintain inspection equipment to traceable standards accepted in the aerospace industry.
Generate inspection reports of performance validation tests.
Provide methodology for managing the quality of supplier-provided product.
Setup, lead key supplier audits and quality activities.
Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Working knowledge of electronic measuring equipment and tools (e.g., multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.) and measurement system analysis. Working knowledge of IPC-A-610 and J-STD workmanship standards.
- Ability to implement cost-effective "won't fail" of assembly processes, leveraging PFMEA methodology.
- Ability to lead FMEA activities and effectively engage with design team members to influence design for quality and product margin outcomes.
- Full understanding and demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles in the technical discipline. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
Level 2/3 - Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: 5-9 years with Bachelors of Science (engineering degree preferred); 3-5 years with Masters; 10-13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Please send your cover letter, résumé, pictures of relevant experience, and all other supporting material to: email@example.com