Location Irvine, CA
Security Clearance Required No Security Clearance Required; US Citizen Required
The Electrical Technician will be responsible for the creation, modification, route and install electrical systems, wire harnesses, perform functional testing, troubleshooting, repair of newly installed / modified electrical and systems on manned and unmanned systems in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives. The candidate must work well with teams, project managers and engineers to effect implementation of system requirements. This position reports to the Electrical/Systems Engineering Lead, Program Manager and Technical Director.
- Must have strong background experience and ability to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, written instructions, etc.
- Must have the ability to assemble, modify, route and install wire bundles, connectors and other electrical components in confined spaces such as cockpits, and avionics.
- Must have the ability to use a variety of manual hand tools, wire crimpers, wire strippers, wire cutters, heat shrink gun, and soldering skills (fine pitch is a plus)
- Ability to use basic test equipment such as multi-meters and aircraft system specific related test equipment.
- Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
- Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
- Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
- Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
- Provides input of technical and operational knowledge in the assessment and repair/maintenance recommendations in support of the program assigned.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision and management for the benefit of the company, program, or employee(s).
- Experience with aircraft avionics builds, system installs and maintenance
- Experience with robot builds, system installs and maintenance
- An associate's degree in electronics technology
- Experience Drone pilot
- Level 2 - High School Diploma or GED
- 4-6 Years relative work experience