Location: Tucson, AZ
Security Clearance Required: US Citizenship Required; No Security Clearance Needed
Type of Position: Full Time
As part of the DZYNE Technical Services team, you will be an integral to supporting a major Prime Defense Contractor develop next-generation weapon and security solutions. This is an exciting opportunity at a rewarding place to work.
A candidate’s primary responsibility will be design and development of C++ application for VxWorks, using the genSoft and genTM architectures. Additional responsibilities will include unit test design and development with the Google Test framework, using static analysis tools, automation using scripts, peer reviews, and design documentation. The team is small and the work is fast-paced, and any candidate is expected to participate in all aspects of software development, testing, and documentation on the program.
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience using C/C++ language
- Experience designing real-time embedded software on multiprocessor systems
- Experience with software, test development, and integration
- Experience using embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOSs) (e.g. Green Hills Integrity, Wind River VxWorks, etc.)
- Applying expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems
- Providing software solutions to complex technical problems using ingenuity and creativity.
- Following and/or recommending changes to department processes and procedures.
- Reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
- Producing documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
- Utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Development for VxWorks with genSoft on Windows and Linux
- C/C++/Python/Shell Scripting
- Some knowledge of BSPs and bootloaders
- Debugging with JTAG debuggers, gdb, Visual Studio
- Ethernet, UDP, Wireshark
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related degree; ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- A minimum of 5-6 years of professional experience in an embedded real-time setting