Location: Irvine, CA
Security Clearance Required: No Security Clearance Required, US Citizenship Required
The Avionics Technician in this position will be responsible for the creation, modification, route and install aircraft system wire harnesses, perform aircraft operational / functional testing, troubleshooting, repair of newly installed / modified electrical and avionics systems on manned and unmanned aircraft in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and hardware engineers to effect implementation of system requirements. The avionics technic reports to the Chief Engineering, Program Manager and Technical Director.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Must have strong background experience with aircraft system theory operation, ability to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, written instructions, etc.
- Must have the ability to assemble, modify, route and install wire bundles, connectors and other electrical components in confined spaces such as cockpits, avionics and ECS bays.
- Able to use a variety of manual hand tools, wire crimpers, wire strippers, wire cutters, heat shrink gun, etc.
- Ability to use basic test equipment such as multi-meters and aircraft system specific related test equipment.
- Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
- Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
- Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
- Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
- Provides input of technical and operational knowledge in the assessment and repair/maintenance recommendations in support of the program assigned.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision and management for the benefit of the company, program, or employee(s).
- Soldering skills, fine pitch
Level 2 – High School Diploma or GED. 4-6 Years relative work experience.
Please send your cover letter, résumé, pictures of relevant experience, and all other supporting material to: email@example.com